Early Years Foundation Stage: Pre-Nursery, Nursery and Reception from 2 to 5 years
At Brigidine School Windsor we provide a happy introduction to school by laying firm foundations for later achievement in the higher years.
- Our broad curriculum addresses the whole child; their personal, social, moral, intellectual, physical and creative development.
- Opportunities to extend knowledge, understanding and skills in Language, Literacy and Mathematics are many and varied. There are whole class, group and precision teaching methods employed.
- Investigation of the world around us effectively supports subsequent learning in Science, Technology, History and Geography.
- The children attend two weekly Physical Education sessions with a specialist teacher and many attend weekly Ballet lessons.
- French and Music are also taught by specialist teachers through fun activities promoting learning and participation.
- The fundamental role of parents in their child's education is recognised and encouraged.
- Parents are kept fully informed of their child's progress and achievements.
- Our school motto, "Fortiter et Suaviter" (Strength and Gentleness), fosters an atmosphere in which children feel secure and valued.
- We play, talk, listen, observe, sing, dance, act, paint, cut, stick, sew, build and re-build, read, write, count, laugh (a lot!) and FLOURISH!